1. Judge Griffith spoke about his career and how he had moved around to different opportunities seeking to find his passion. Please describe what you feel you are passionate about today and where you think these interests will take you as you start your career path.
Some of the things that I am passionate about today are working with people. I love getting to know other people and finding out what makes that person who they are. Everything from the way they were raised clear up until the way they live their life now. I think it is all very interesting. I also love sports, exercise, team events and the outdoors. Because of all these things, I feel like my future will take me into the military for a few years after college. I feel like the military would fill many of these things that I am passionate about and I could really enjoy it.
2. Judge Griffith quoted several versus in Jacob 2, in reference to the pursuit and use of wealth. How will you apply the concepts that Jacob shares with us as you experience success in your career.
I think that the biggest thing that Judge Griffith was emphasizing was that we need to put the Lord first in everything that we are doing. After we have done this we are promised riches that I think are a different thing. To me riches might mean have a lot of cash while to another person it might mean have a great family. Whatever our riches are, we just need to use them for the betterment of other people. To me this concept means that whatever career I choose it needs to be one where I can have the time to share of my means with other people.
3. Please share something you learned about leadership in your career from Judge Griffith’s presentation.
One of the most important things that I learned from Judge Griffith is that you need to “stick by your guns.” If you don’t, you are going to have a very hard time in your career and life. I need to have a career that allows me to be a leader in a way that agrees with my personal morals and values. When those values are in question sometime in the future I need to stick by what I believe and stand true to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment