Wednesday, April 6, 2011

VP Scharmen Post

1. Please describe a way you will apply a leadership concept you have learned about this year as you lead in your family.

One of the things that I will apply is to prioritize my family to come first. I know that if I do this I will always have time for them no matter how busy my life gets. I don’t want to be one of those Dads that were always gone when their children were small.

2. Vice President Scharman talked about the importance of developing structure in your home based on your individual time commitments. Describe how you believe structure and order in your family life can help you lead in your family. How can some form of structure and routine help you develop leaders in your family?

I believe that structure and order help to develop a good routine that can be counted on to be followed. When children have structure it gives them something to trust and rely on. If this structure is coming from me as the parent, the children will trust and rely on me. If they trust me, then I can lead them. It is very hard to lead someone who won’t trust you. Trust is always the first part of leadership that needs to be established. Also, if the children can trust each other and different family members this will allow them to be themselves, express opinions and have the chance to lead those around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment