Mayor Winder Post
1. Mayor Winder talked about the challenge of balancing career and church assignments with the need to be involved in serving in your community and government. Describe how you will go about including community and government service in your life.
I think the biggest way to do this for me will be through being involved in different charities and/or government organizations where I can use my leadership skills to help other. I think that if you only limit your skills to your family, church callings, and job, there is really much more that I can do with them. It would be selfish of me not to share what I can do with others.
2. In Mayor Winders research on the history of church leaders interactions with Presidents of the Untied States, one conclusion that has been apparent is the importance of good people serving in and around government. Identify ways that you can have that type of positive influence in both your community and nationally. Please include various ways in which you see yourself being able to lead.
I would say some of these ways that I can do this would be more on a local level. I use to want to be involved in higher government but now I think I would serve best in different aspects of city or county government, such as a city council or in the role of a mayor. I have also noticed that in cities and counties different divisions of labor and business have different representative. While I don’t know exactly what these are called, I think this would be something that I could be very good at too.
3. As you evaluate your experience this year in a leadership role, describe what motivated you to make the commitment you have made in your year of service with BYUSA.
The thing that motivated me initially was that I wanted to get some experience in event planning. Then after the first time I stepped foot in the office I saw how many people were there in the office and how nice everyone was. I wanted to be a part of that and get to know those new people. I thought it was a great way to make new friends. Then I realized that I liked being involved and realized that it was great to be a part of something that was bigger than myself and that I could contribute to personally.
No comments:
Post a Comment